7 - 8 October 2019
Successful Out-licensing, Co-development Partnering and Deal Structuring
Get your product the attention it deserves
Find an appropriate partner, determine the optimal deal structure and negotiate the best deal
Deciding on and executing the best possible partnering deal for your product presents an enormous challenge.
Finding an appropriate partner, determining the optimal deal structure and negotiating the deal are all key factors that potential licensees must take into account when planning their strategy.
This course will go through a step-by-step process to solidify your chances of sourcing a partner and reaching a deal. Common questions such as how to value your opportunity and when alternative deal structures are appropriate will also be discussed.
You will learn through a combination of teacher-led theory, group discussion and practical case studies to gain an understanding you can immediately apply to your own work and product(s).
Key highlights and benefits
- Start your search for a partner with a well-defined understanding of what you need
- Think outside of the box and evaluate the potential of innovative partnering models
- Create a compelling licensing summary
- Develop the contacts you need to succeed
- Understand both sides in valuation and evaluate possible models you could use
- Understand key success factors in the negotiation process
- Understand the different partnering models available to determine the right fit for your company
- Defining search criteria and assessing potential partners
- Making contacts and developing champions
- Valuing the opportunity and deciding on underlying assumptions and parameters
- Optimizing deal structuring
- Effectively negotiating your deal
I enjoyed the style of open conversational presentation the trainer had. I found the course useful for both experienced and inexperienced students.
Craig T. Havtrick
Caventure Drug Discovery
It was great to learn about real-world examples. The instructor’s knowledge was excellent.
Senior Management, Business Development & Licensing
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
Solid overview of valuation fundamentals and case studies. The time for Q&A was great.
Senior Vice President, Corporate Business
I learned a great deal. It was presented in an easily digestible manner.
Director, External Research
I enjoyed learning about the current trends of product valuation and what it will be like in the future.
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to companies and university groups seeking an out-licensing or co-development agreement for their product. Attendees may include:
- Business development managers
- C-suite executives
- Legal and IP teams
Employees from companies such as Roche, Patheon and TTY Biopharm have previously attended our EBD Academy courses.
About EBD Academy
Born out of a partnership between EBD Group and Pharmaceutical Training International (PTI), EBD Academy provides highly specialized and immersive training that is committed to the personal progression and employability of professionals involved in pharma/biotech partnering.
Working in partnership with EBD Group, our vision is to enhance key skills and competencies to maximize successful partnering and accelerate career progression. We aim to deliver enriched learning content that has been researched with industry to tackle industry challenges and eliminate skills gaps.