Xcelerate Keynote Series: The Future of Oncology and Genetic Medicine
As groundbreaking therapies and diagnostics are coming to market, patients are benefiting from the promise of precision medicine, but many are still not able to access the latest treatments and technologies. What are hospitals and drug and diagnostic developers doing to make sure more cancer patients will go on to lead long, healthy lives? And how will precision oncology change how new drugs are developed?
By attending, you will gain deep insight from top leaders in healthcare, pharma and academia on the promises and challenges of precision cancer medicine and immunotherapies.
The headline keynote speaker is Laurie Glimcher, President and CEO of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, one of the world’s leading cancer research hospitals. She will discuss how far cancer diagnosis and treatment has come and where oncology and cancer research need to go.
Other Xcelerate keynote speakers — including top Harvard scientists at the cutting edge of gene therapy and CRISPR — will discuss how new approaches to correcting disease-causing mutations could transform the lives of people with genetic diseases.
Biopharma executives, scientists, researchers, investors and others from the broader life science ecosystem will learn these and other key takeaways from the forward-looking talks:
- What cutting-edge technologies are emerging from labs that could change the face of gene therapy.
- How a top pharmaceutical company is tackling the problem of cancer drug resistance and paving the way towards next-generation immunotherapies.
- How genomic profiling is transforming cancer treatment and clinical trials.
Other Xcelerate Keynote Speakers:
- Cindy Perettie, CEO, Foundation Medicine
- David Liu, Co-Founder, Beam Therapeutics & Editas Medicine; Vice Chair of Faculty, Broad Institute
- Saurabh Saha, Senior Vice-President R&D, Global Head of Translational Medicine, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Luk Vandenberghe, Director, Grousbeck Gene Therapy Center, Massachusetts Eye and Ear