19 March 2017
AC Hotel Barcelona Forum,
THANK YOU FOR Attending Advanced Negotiation Skills: One-day interactive course at BIO-Europe Spring
Save the date for our next EBD Academy courses - September 25, 2017 in Boston, Massachusetts
Advanced Negotiation Skills for Licensing Deals - One day course
This highly interactive one-day course has been carefully developed to test, improve and refine your licensing skills by working in teams to play the part of a licensor or licensee for a new product opportunity. During the course you will be exposed to a competitive environment and sense of urgency to mimic real-life negotiations.
The exercise will highlight many of the more common issues raised during licensing negotiations, allowing delegates to gain hands-on experience of how to deal with them, and to understand some of different issues facing large multinationals, national companies and biotechnology organisations.
Key Highlights and Benefits
- Plan, identify and negotiate the best deal for your group, growing your professional network as you fine tune your skills working in a team.
- Learn how to analyse and identify inward and outward licensing opportunities that would benefit your group.
- Enhance your business development skills as an individual and a team by negotiating with your chosen partner ensuring you get the best deal for your group.
- Gain exposure to a competitive environment working against other teams for the best licensing options available.
How it works?
- Delegates will be separated into teams with a given asset/product
- Teams will create a strategy before partnering begins
- Groups will compete to identify a licensing opportunity
- Once a preferred partner is identified a deal should be negotiated
- Teams will present a concluded term sheet to the other teams
Who should attend?
The Advanced Negotiation Skills for Licensing Deals is designed for junior, mid-level and senior business development professionals looking to enhance their skillset in licensing negotiation. The course will also benefit those from small biotech wanting to advance their understanding of licensing deals and negotiation. Crucially this one-day course will prepare you for important meetings during the BIO-Europe Spring event and beyond.
What is EBD Academy?
Born out of a partnership between EBD Group and Pharmaceutical Training International (PTI), EBD Academy provides highly specialised and immersive training that’s committed to the personal progression and employability of professionals involved in pharma/biotech partnering. Working in partnership with EBD Group our vision is to enhance key skills and competencies that maximise successful partnering and accelerate career progression. We aim to deliver enriched learning content that has been researched with industry to tackle industry challenges and skills gaps.
EBD Academy at BIO-Europe Spring
There are three ways you can meet us during BIO-Europe Spring where we will be launching EBD Academy:
- Advanced Negotiation Skills for Licensing Deals – one-day course held prior to the event on Sunday 19th March
- Two interactive buzz sessions – incorporated into the agenda on Day 1, Monday 20th March
- EBD Academy stand – visit us to learn more about us and our vision
EBD Academy offers immersive training to maximize successful partnering and accelerate your career progression.
Our training courses will equip you will the skills needed to advance your career as well as network with like-minded people in the pharma/biotech industry.
See how you could benefit by taking an EBD Academy course in our introductory video by Managing Director, Rosie Bernard. >>>
Complementary Buzz Sessions - Delivered by EBD Academy
Buzz Sessions are incorporated into the main agenda of BIO-Europe Spring on Monday 20th March
What is a Buzz Session?
Delivered by EBD Academy and developed in partnership with EBD Group – Buzz Sessions will provide attendees with take-away skills and knowledge that will benefit them while at the event and in their professional careers. All buzz sessions are designed to be concise, informative and engaging which creates a learning environment that is exciting to be a part of.
Benefits of attending a Buzz Session
- Gain practical skills that can be implemented immediately at the EBD event
- High intensity sessions designed to improve your skillset
- Interactive - Learn from the expert and others attending the session
- Concise and informative
Buzz Sessions - Where & When
Buzz Sessions will be held on Day 1 of BIO-Europe Spring - 20th March
- Diamond Relationships for Successful Partnering
- Networking Masterclass